Saskatchewansciencecentre.com Privacy Disclosure Statement
Since January 1, 2004, the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act ("PIPEDA") has applied to personal information collected, used and disclosed for commercial purposes in the private sector. The Saskatchewan Science Centre ("SSC") is committed to adhering to the principles of PIPEDA thereby protecting the privacy of the personal information of its employees, user groups and facility users, members, directors, donors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
During the course of our various membership and business services, fundraising activities and events, the SSC frequently gathers and uses personal information. We collect, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
1. Membership Services: We use your personal information to provide services to our members.
2. User Services: We use personal information to provide users with services including facility rentals and programs for user groups. Some of this information may be disclosed to certain third parties including caterers, security companies, etc. We also use personal information in order to process orders including the sale of event tickets and memberships.
3. Health Information / Waiver Forms: We may use your personal information to ensure that the necessary health information has been provided for school tours and other user groups of the facilities, including Kinder programs, Day Camps, Camp-Ins and birthday parties. Personal information in the form of various waiver forms is also collected for the purposes denoted thereon.
4. Legal Compliance: We use your personal information to comply with applicable law.
5. Marketing / Communication / Information Services: We use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes to send you marketing, information and promotional materials. Examples of these materials include the Kaleidoscope newsletter, program brochures, invitations to special events, announcements and fundraising initiatives.
Learn more about the collection and use of information for ad targeting or opt-out of this practice by visiting https://www.facebook.com/settings and clicking on the “Ads” tab, or visit http://youradchoices.ca/
All personal information is safeguarded by the SSC and will only be disclosed to third parties if it is necessary to provide services or to carry on business activities or is required to be disclosed by law. The SSC will continue to use and disclose personal information for the above purposes. We will retain this information for as long as needed to fulfill these purposes as required by law. If you wish to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information for promotional purposes, please contact our privacy officer as follows: vjain (at) sasksciencecentre.com