Come out to our Family Maker Day as part of our Ignite! Festival. Participate in workshops, create a cardboard creation in the Global Cardboard Challenge, and get creative with science as a family!
All activities are free with your General Admission, which means completely free for our Members!
Global Cardboard Challenge - 10am to 5pm
- Using only cardboard, can you build an arcade game? Test your game building skills using only cardboard and leave them for other people to play all weekend!
Toy-Take-Apart - 10am to 5pm
- Discover how your toys move, make noise, and light up by taking them apart. Use circuit boards to make them come alive again!
The Saskatchewan Research Council – 10am to 5pm
- Join the Saskatchewan Research Council at their booth where they’re encouraging people of all ages to become Honourary Scientists, and they’re making mini catapults to get you started.
Pendulum Art - 10am to 12:45pm
- Make art that you can take home with you using a pendulum!
Colour-Changing Putty - 1:15pm to 5pm
- Make some (borax-free!) putty that changes colour depending on the temperature. How does it work? Come and find out!
Videos in the Small Theatre – 10am To 5pm
- Watch the original Caine’s Arcade film that inspired the Cardboard Challenge, and see other cardboard construction from around the world.
The following workshops have limited space and require sign up. Sign up will be at front desk on the day of and on a first come, first served basis. Each workshop lasts one hour.
Ozobots - 11am
- Make a robot move by using sections of code!
Squid Dissection - 1:30pm
As a family, work together to dissect a squid! Adult supervision is required.
Makey Makey - 2:30pm
- Make yourself and your family into video game controllers!
The Space Show - 11am
The Static Show - 12pm
The Fire Show - 1pm
The Cryogenics Show - 2pm
The Blood and Guts Show - 3pm
The Gyro Gym - 4pm