SaskSciencecentre.com Privacy Disclosure Statement
The Saskatchewan Science Centre (also referred to as the “SSC”) is committed to protecting the privacy of its online visitors. The SSC believes that maintaining privacy on this website is very important and that it is our responsibility to inform our visitors about the types of information that we collect and how we use that information.
During the course of our various membership and business services, fundraising activities and events, the SSC frequently gathers and uses personal information. We collect, use, and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
1. Membership Services: We use our member’s personal information to provide services to our members.
These services may include invitations to member’s preview events, invitations to special events, or information about our Annual General Meeting, among others. In most cases we will use a third-party named MailChimp to contact you (see section 5 below). Unless you opt-in to a specific mailing list, you will not receive information from us that is not connected directly to your membership.
2. User Services: We use personal information to provide users with services including facility rentals and programming for user groups. Some of this information may be disclosed to certain third parties including caterers, security companies, etc. We also use personal information in order to process orders including the sale of event tickets and memberships.
The Saskatchewan Science Centre receives a record of payment types (VISA, Mastercard, etc) and payment confirmations associated with online purchases but does not record any account information (such as account numbers) or personally identifying information.
3. Health Information / Waiver Forms: We may use your personal information to ensure that the necessary health information has been provided for school tours and other user groups of the facilities, including School Workshops, Day Camps, Camp-Ins, Birthday Parties, and Catering Services. Personal information in the form of various waiver forms are also collected for the purposes denoted thereon.
4. Legal Compliance: We use your personal information to comply with applicable law.
5. Marketing / Communication / Information Services: We use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes to send you marketing, information, and promotional materials. Examples of these materials include the Kaleidoscope newsletter, program brochures, invitations to special events, announcements, and fundraising initiatives.
Website Analytics & Advertising
We may use, or third parties (including Facebook and Google) may use, cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect or receive information from your website usage and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads.
Learn more about the collection and use of information for ad targeting or opt-out of this practice by visiting https://www.facebook.com/settings and clicking on the “Ads” tab, or visit http://youradchoices.ca/
We use third party website analytic services, including Google Analytics and Squarespace Analytics, to gather information about how you and others use our website, and to facilitate website users’ use of the website. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We may use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our website is used and the information regarding your activity on the website to assess your content and other needs so that we may offer content and/or services to meet such needs. We may also use this information to help us create, target, or evaluate the effectiveness of advertisements. To find out more about Google Analytics please visit: support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
To learn more about Squarespace please visit: https://www.squarespace.com/privacy
Links to Other Internet Sites
All personal information is safeguarded by the SSC and will only be disclosed to third parties if it is necessary to provide services or to carry on business activities or is required to be disclosed by law. The SSC will continue to use and disclose personal information for the above purposes. We will retain this information for as long as needed to fulfill these purposes as required by law.
Reviewing and Correcting and Updating your Personal Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the EU, you have the right to receive a copy of, review and/or update your personal information and to correct any of your personal information in our records that is inaccurate. We extend this right to persons everywhere. If you would like to do so, contact us at: vjain (at) sasksciencecentre.com
Deletion or Restriction of Our right to Store or Process your Personal Information
Under the GDPR, you have the right to restrict processing of or request erasure of your personal information. However this right is not absolute, and we will continue to retain and use your personal information as we determine is necessary for management of continuing contractual rights and obligations, the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal rights or claims or to protect the Saskatchewan Science Centre and our partners, sponsors, employees other contributors’ rights, which would include our need to comply with our contractual and other legal obligations, resolve disputes or claims, and enforce our agreements.
Saskatchewan Science Centre
2903 Powerhouse Dr
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Email: vjain (at) sasksciencecentre.com